This has been the 1ST expert consultation brought forward by the RELOCAL project.…
The European H2020 projects PLOTINA – Promoting Gender Balance and Inclusion in Research, Innovation and Training and RELOCAL – Resituating the local in cohesion and territorial development organized a joint workshop “Women as agents of local transformation” at ISEG, University of Lisbon, on January 22, 2020. The workshop was attended by 50 participants and brought together speakers from academia, practitioners and the public sector to discuss the following themes:
(1) Challenges and obstacles to the participation and representation of women in local governance.
- Talk by Maria Teresa Almeida, President of the Lisbon and Tagus Valley Regional Coordination and Development Commission (CCDR-LVT)
- Talk “Representation of women in Portuguese city councils: political practices and programs.” Maria Antónia Pires de Almeida, researcher at the Center for Research and Studies in Sociology (CIESIUL) and professor at the University Institute of Lisbon (IUL)
- Talk “Review of the implementation of the Parity Law at different levels of government.” Ana Espírito-Santo, researcher at the Center for Research and Studies in Sociology (CIES-IUL) and professor at the Lisbon University Institute (IUL)
- Moderation by Maria Lucinda Fonseca, Project coordinator h2020 GEARING ROLES, researcher, teacher and member of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Geography and Spatial Planning (IGOT, Ulisboa)
(2) Good practices, programs and initiatives to promote women’s participation and representation in local leadership and transformation.
- Talk by Isabel Rosinha on behalf of the President of the Commission for Citizenship and Gender Equality (CIG)
- Talk by Alexandra Alves Luís, Women without Borders Association and CICS.Nova – Faces de Eva
- Talk by Paula Miranda / Ana Catarino, Cooperativa Trabalhar com os 99% and Ateliermob
- Tak by Catarina Sales Oliveira, Intermunicipal Plan for Equality (municipalities of Belmonte, Covilhã and Fundão), Municipal Plan for Gender Equality (Covilhã), UBIgual: Plan for Gender Equality at the University of Beira Interior (UBI)